10 October 2007

Amsterdam

For the last few days, Mr. Left and I, and some friends from the states (Steve and Jay), have been in Amsterdam. We went by car. On the autobahn. And I drove.

I liked it. Scary thing was I was passing people in the left lane a lot. I was one of those people. While driving is a lot less stressful than being a passenger, I was still happy to give up the driving and continue on in the backseat with my knitting.

Finished Mr. Left's socks, but can't post a picture until I give them to him. I also made some progress on the minimalist sweater.


But the most important yarn note of this adventure was that I went to de Afstap, which is a place I remember stumbling onto during one of my earlier trips there (thanks to Knitting Ajour for recommending it to me!).




There I was able to drool for an hour over everything Rowan and eventually drop 50 Euro on some gorgeous Rowan Felted Tweed for a Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang I want to knit.

Oh yeah, and we went to the Red Light District, and my favorite chinese restaurant that has never done me wrong (the boys agreed).

No comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum