12 April 2008

Knitting the Catalina Shawl

Last week I started knitting the Catalina Shawl by g. bella knits. I was hugely attracted to this lace shawl because it was knitted more densely than other shawls and the design was different from anything I'd seen (Anne Hanson excluded, of course!). There was just something about it.

I don't know about everyone else, but with lace patterns I always have to knit about 4 inches or so to figure it out; I never get it right on the first try (not yet, anyway). In these 4 inches I mess up but always come out learning how the pattern works. The same happened here. I wasn't sure how to handle the two yo's on the next row, despite the instructions. Just slip it over--that's it, nothing more. I was golden from there.

Pattern: Catalina Shawl (click on g. Bella knits for web link to pattern) or here for the Ravelry link.

Yarn: JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 in Juniper (pattern calls for 600 yards, but I have a second skein to accommodate my modification, below)

Needles: US 2 in 24" length

Modifications: I added two pattern repeats to section B to make this a wider shawl.

This is probably going to take me a couple of months to knit considering that the picture above is about50 rows and only about 4 inches long or so, pre-blocking. But it's a very fun knit, so I don't mind.

No comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum